The Vail Performing Arts Academy (VPAA) was founded in 1995 and dedicated to providing theatrical, educational and cultural experiences for the youth of the Eagle Valley.
Vail Performing Arts Academy offers year round programs which only exist through community support. We dramatically thank those who make our productions possible.
- 1995-1997 The Vail Performing Arts Academy (VPAA) was founded, dedicated to providing theatrical, educational and cultural experiences for the youth of the Eagle Valley. Our first fundraiser was An Evening of Karaoke hosted by Bobby Hernreich which helped launch our first Theater Arts Production Workshop and recital performance of The Tale of Castle Fun. It was performed at Battle Mountain High School. and directed by Mark Salentine.
- 1998-1999 Theater Arts Classes were offered. Summer musicals GREASE! and Fame were performed at the Vilar Center.
- 2000 -Comedy Improvisation taught by National Comic Headliners and Acting and Audition Skills were added to our workshops. Guys and Dolls, Jr. was performed at the Vilar Performing Arts Center (VPAC).
- 2001 Theater Arts Workshops were offered and Fiddler on the Roof, Jr. was performed at the Vilar Center. Holiday carolers performed in Beaver Creek and Vail.
- 2002 A new Broadway Professional Workshop was added taught by over 17 lead performers from the award winning Broadway musical, The Lion King. Enrichment programs were offered to several local schools, assisting with Talent Shows, fundraisers, and in class performances. Our summer musical, Music Man, Jr. was performed at the Vilar Center for the Arts. VPAA also participated in The Community Christmas Concert, Evening on Broadway, Vail Music Fest, and Holiday Caroling for public and private events throughout the Vail area.
- 2003 Workshops and enrichment programs continued, including a Mystery Dinner Theater. The summer production, Bye Bye Birdie, was performed at the Vilar Center. Students performed in The Community Christmas Concert, Evening on Broadway, Vail Music Fest, Beaver Creek Rodeo, and Holiday Caroling for public and private events throughout the Vail area.
- 2004 The summer musical, Godspell, Jr. , was a huge hit. Our Fall Program, You Cant Stop The Beat,(YCSTB) a musical montage through the decades, was presented , as well as The Holiday Community
- Concert, and Evening on Broadway at the Vilar. Our fundraiser for the Tsunami Relief, Turn The Tide Review, raised $6000. All proceeds were donated to the Red Cross.
- 2005 In addition to all of the annual programs, workshops and enrichments, VPAA introduced a Spring Student Showcase at Battle Mountain High School (BMHS). Our Summer Production, was Bugsy Malone, Jr., .and we also offered a summer Theater Camp for Minis, for children ages 5 -8.
- 2006- Summer musical Aladdin, Jr sold out the Vilar ,followed by YCSTB-Goes Motown, Holiday Concert, First Annual Broadway Field Trip, Spring Student Showcase, Starquest Band Showcase. Also, our Artistic Director, Colin Meiring, donated his skills this spring teaching AIDS orphans in Africa .
- 2007- Our summer production was High School Musical., and in the fall , YCSTB-The Funny Side of Broadway!
- 2008-- Spring Showcase at BMHS featuring Div 2 students ,while Div 1 students starred in an original Music Video, Broadway Cabaret. VPAA also presented a Starquest Teen Band Showcase, and Willy Wonka Jr at Vilar. Our Fall and winter shows included YCSTB -Viva Las Vegas and Holiday Community Concert .
- 2009 Our Spring Showcase- FLASHBACK was performed at Vail Mountain School (VMS). We sold out Vilar with our summer Pirates of Penzance, Jr. and fall YCSTB-The British Invasion. VPAA students also participated in The Nutcracker. Colin choreographed the Vail Christian High school (VCH) musical. VPAA also provided dancers for The Youth Foundation’s Star Dancing Gala.
- 2010- VPAA provides enrichment arts classes for Eagle County Charter School (ECCA) and Berry Creek Middle School (BCMS), and our Spring Showcase- Flower Power was performed at the new BMHS. Our Summer production of West Side Story , Fall YCSTB - All About Swing! and winter Holiday Concert was performed at VPAC..
- VPAA also provided dancers for The Youth Foundation’s Star Dancing Gala and enrichments at ECCA and BCMS.
- 2011- Spring Showcase 2011 Kidz Rock in March at BMHS . Summer Musical -13 at VPAC AUG 12 & 13, and Fall It’s Prime Time TV revue at VPAC . VPAA also provided dancers for The Youth Foundation’s Star Dancing Gala. VPAA also provided dancers for The Youth Foundation’s Star Dancing Gala and enrichments at ECCA and BCMS.
- 2012- Spring Showcase, The Buffalo Moon revue performed at Homestake Peak School, with the summer musical, Legally Blonde, performed at VPAC. VPAA also provided dancers for The Youth Foundation’s Star Dancing Gala and enrichments at ECCA and BCMS. and Power Hours at Gypsum Elementary school for At Risk Students.
- 2013- Fall 80’s Rock Revue , more exciting school enrichments, Spring Showcase - On Broadway! , Summer Musical - The Little Mermaid, Jr, Fall Revue- Broadway Fantasy
- 2014- Spring Showcase- Around The World. at Homestake Peak. Summer musicals Mulan.Jr for Div 1, and Rent-Youth Edition for Div 2 at VPAC. Many school and event enrichments including directing & producing Fame, jr for VMS and performing in the Star Dancing Gala.